Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day 1...slash 2

Wrapping up the first night. Some basic lectures, setting expectations, yada, yada, yada. I was caught off guard when the first assignments turned up being due tonight and while I hate using conditions as an excuse I had only just learned of my candidacy in the last week and of course had a busted printer. So instead of resting up for my first day full of field sessions tomorrow I spent all night transcribing my hand written version of the assignments to a PDF, using probably the worst PDF annotation tool ever created for what I needed to do. I eventually gave up, explaining to the instructor in an email that I would draw in any of the other diagrams which he felt needed to be included despite not being instructed to include them.

Not how I wanted to start the course off. Despite this, I feel I have a pretty good shot at this. At the beginning of each of these courses the instructor speaks in a manner which makes me feel I just don't understand enough of the game to make it through the courses. Then again, I've passed all the courses I which I began with that thought in the past. Let's hope history repeats itself this time. Off to fix my HEED and water bottles for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment